The Brotherhood (and Sisterhood) of 'The Life.'

A blog from the Student Life Department of the Word of Life Bible Institute, Owen Sound Campus.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Registration Weekend 2011-2012

        Another year at the Word of Life Bible Institute has officially begun. On Friday, September 09, the students for WOLBI 2011-2012 began to arrive early in the afternoon. It was an exciting time as the dorms quickly filled up with new arrivals. Students and their families enjoyed delicious meals and evening fellowship and had the oppurtunity to sit under the teaching of Dr. Wendall Calder. Dr. Calder has taught at the opening of the Bible Institute for the past ten years here at the Owen Sound Campus. Busy as it was, the weekend was a time of getting to know each other and settling into the dorms.
    
          Students have come from all walks of life and for many reasons:


"I wanted to learn more about God and I didn't know what to do with my life, and I thought I should come here to find out."
-Tyler, Waterloo

"I came here to get a solid foundation of the Bible and to spend a year studying the Word and not have the distractions of work."
-Sarah, Alberta

"I wanted to take a year between high school and university to make sure I knew what God wanted for my life."
-Mic, New Brunswick

"[I came here] for my relationship with God and to learn English and learn the Bible."
-Esther, Quebec

        At the end of the day, the total count of students was twenty-four guys and thirteen girls. This year is going to be life-changing for many students, filled with new friendships, adventures, a deeper knowledge of God's Word, and memories that will last a lifetime. Already beginning in dorm life are discussions on faith, God and the Bible. However unprepared the students may be, they are ready to take on this year and be changed by the Word of God.


                                                                    BW

No comments:

Post a Comment