The Brotherhood (and Sisterhood) of 'The Life.'

A blog from the Student Life Department of the Word of Life Bible Institute, Owen Sound Campus.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Learning the Word: Galatians

From WOLBRANOS
Pastor Ken Fillmore is a graduate of New Brunswick Bible Institute and has been a pastor for 24 years. Pastor Fillmore is currently serving as Senior Pastor at Peoples Church in Truro, Nova Scotia and is a great man of God. What a blessing to have him here every year to teach us this class.
Here are a few things that he is getting out of Galatians and some reasons why he loves coming to WOLBI after 8 years of teaching here:

"First, because the Bible is a living book it is always fresh and new.  Every year when I begin to study for Galatians I discover new things that my God wants to teach me.  Things that apply to my personal life, both in my past and for my present walk with Him.  To me, Galatians is a letter that is alive and applicable to my own life situations.  Second, I love coming to be here with the students and staff at WOLBI.  This is a wonderful atmosphere and there are plenty of opportunities to invest something in these young lives.  I leave here feeling refreshed and recharged by the young men and women of this place.  Beyond that, the food is excellent, the guest lecturer's apartment is great, the opportunity to reacquaint with old friends is wonderful!"

One of the students who was here 3 years ago and is finishing up her last semester here this fall, mentions how she still remembers parts of the class:
"What we learned is not just the facts, three years later I can still remember and apply to my life the things Pastor Fillmore taught from Galatians!"  

Thanks so much Pastor for your incredible ministry to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment