The Brotherhood (and Sisterhood) of 'The Life.'

A blog from the Student Life Department of the Word of Life Bible Institute, Owen Sound Campus.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Open Air Evangelism

    Last week students and staff of WOLBI were out on the streets of Toronto and Hamilton sharing our faith with anyone who would listen.  Sam Frey, Word of Life's Open Air Evangelist, trained us and ministered with us all week.  We were all nervous but 'pumped up' to share God's incredible message of the gospel.
It was amazing to see God work through us and help us realize that we need to be obedient to God's call to share our faith and then let God work through us.  Every year students fear it and love it.  This is the real purpose we are all here; to tell others about what Christ has done for us.

"I loved open air...It was amazing to see the life change when people got saved...I was tired every night but excited for the next day knowing that we were going to share the most important truth people need to know and believe.  It was one of the most valuable experiences of my life. Open Air did many things in my life, just in the short week. Most of all Open Air Week made me not ashamed of the Gospel, realizing that it is all God, all we do is give the message. It has made me bolder in witnessing and has made my relationship with Christ a lot more serious." Alumni (Grad 2010)

Students this year said:

"People were shutting me down and I was so discouraged so I began to pray.  I looked up and there was a guy on a park bench so I went over to talk to him and he ended up getting saved.  It was such a good reminder that God has a plan and that even when we don’t see it, He is always working."

"I have been considering ministry in this area and it stood out to me that there are so many Christians who are struggling and it's so important to minister and pray and encourage other believers."

"I loved it.  I loved the challenge.  I loved doing what I didn’t think I ever could."

                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment