The Brotherhood (and Sisterhood) of 'The Life.'

A blog from the Student Life Department of the Word of Life Bible Institute, Owen Sound Campus.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Learning the Word: Philippians

Pastor Wayne Heikkinen is a graduate of New Brunswick Bible Institute. He served with Word of Life Clubs for 20 years and was the National Director of Word of Life Local Church Ministries in Canada. He has been the Pastor of Rock Mills Fellowship Baptist Church for the past eight years. He met his wife Sandy at NBBI and they celebrated their 31st wedding anniversary this past year.  They have three grown children, two of them are married. They have four beautiful grandchildren. His favorite verse is John 10:10 “I am come that you might have life and that you might have it more abundantly.” He loves to read, travel and talk about the change Jesus can make in your life.  Pastor Heikkinen was last year's WOLBI Graduation speaker (click here to read his message). His unique and energetic way of teaching keeps students on the edge or their seat, never knowing what to expect in class, and makes learning God's Word exciting!  We are really loving learning this epistle to the Philippians this week.
"Mr. Heikkinen is really passionate about what he is teaching and about us as students."
"I am learning that making Christ my life means loving people the way Christ loved people.  What's important to Him should be important to me and my attitude should always point to Christ whenI am with believers and non-believers."
"He is one of the first teachers to challenge us to go live out what we are learning when the bell rings and apply it to the next weekend in snow camp and for the rest of our lives.  He said that a turtle on a fence post doesn't get there by itself.  Wherever God is gonna use me, I won't get there by myself; it is God Who will get me there and I have to rely on Him the whole way through."

No comments:

Post a Comment