The Brotherhood (and Sisterhood) of 'The Life.'

A blog from the Student Life Department of the Word of Life Bible Institute, Owen Sound Campus.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Recharge weekend 3!



This past weekend of snow camp (Feb 4-6) was amazing. God worked in the hearts of many people, and it was such a privilege to be apart of this ministry. We had the privilege of hosting 106 teens and leaders.

On Friday night Mr. Gary Stairs shared the gospel message and 7 kids accepted Jesus as their personal Saviour. Also one of our students had the amazing opportunity to lead a camper to Christ on Saturday morning. Praise the Lord!
I have been thinking about the song “Amazing Grace” recently and these words have touched my heart “I once was blind but now I see… Was lost but now I am found.” God has been doing amazing things and we all have the privilege to be apart of it. He has been picking young campers out of the darkness and placing them into the light. Wow, eh? Praise God!!!

Along with the 8 salvation decisions, 1 teen was counseled for assurance of faith and roughly 85 teens dedicated their lives to Christ.
We also had 4 teens fill out applications to come to WOLBI.

Keep praying for us as we continue serving the Lord. Pray also for the youth groups that are coming these next few weeks.

Here are a couple of comments from campers and leaders from the past weekend:

“I always benefit going to snow camp every year. It is always good to know other Christians are going through the same things I am going through.”

“I really enjoyed this weekend. I think that it should be longer. The sessions were really good and they convinced me that I need to go home and share God’s love with my friends.”

“Great weekend!! The BI students were welcoming and friendly” 

KD

No comments:

Post a Comment