The Brotherhood (and Sisterhood) of 'The Life.'

A blog from the Student Life Department of the Word of Life Bible Institute, Owen Sound Campus.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Satellite Snow Camp #1

Some of our students and staff had the opportunity this past weekend to travel to beautiful Huntsville, Ontario. Riverside Baptist Church's Word of Life Student Ministry hosted a satellite snow camp. Five churches attended this event seeing 60 teens plus leaders gather for skating, tubing, snow sculptures, and piles of activities and challenges. WOLBI students helped as counselors, leaders, praise team members, and chaperons. Our Dean of Men and Professor of Bible Survey Mr. Jonathan Ward (blog here) shared God's Word and challenged teens to think about how they will win the "Game of Life" the "Battle of the Mind" and the "Battle against Temptation."
We praise the Lord for the 6 students who accepted Jesus for salvation and the 10 students that stood in front of their peers to commit their lives to Christ in the battle against sin!

This weekend was a great oppurtunity to serve the Lord. I was really excited about what God had planned. It was definitely a chance to grow as I stepped out of my comfort zone. By the end of the Snow Camp I could see some areas I needed to work on in my ministry. I'm so glad God gave me this oppurtunity and I'm excited for how He will use me next.

If your Church would be interested in hosting a WOLBI ministry team please contact Richard Heppner, our Associate Dean of Ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment